Thursday, August 18, 2011

Girl Kitty's Day - 8/18/11

Hi Pups!

Hope you had a good day at work. Kitty's day was productive, but far from what I would call "fun." After we finally got the bike in the car, we took it to a place called "Gator Cycles" to get a basket and light put on it. Apparently, it's illegal to ride a bike at night here to the tune of a $150 ticket, so lights are required. As soon as the employee saw the bike, he said two things: (1) it wouldn't take a basket because it lacked mounting brackets; and, (2) I was going to hate that bike because the campus is hilly. This kind of confirmed my fears about the bike because the campus is like the U of A; deceptively hilly. My mom just wanted to keep it, because the other bikes we had seen were $400, but once I offered to pay for half, she caved. I didn't have to chip in, since she figured it was cheaper than buying a car, which my dad originally wanted to do.

Td;lr - it took us an hour to get the bike into the car and then returned it, like fifteen minutes later. Lol. On the upside, I now have a really *sweet* bike with 21 gears, beach cruiser body, and huge baskets. Apparently there is a farmer's market on Wednesdays at 5 pm, so my baskets will be used for more than just text books. ^_^.

After that, we got my Gator ID and tried to get my textbooks, but the store closed to early, so we're going back tomorrow. We also had dinner at this really swanky place called the Bonefish Grill. I'll have to take you when you come; they've got really awesome sea food with southern side dishes. You'll love it.

Tomorrow we'll be getting textbooks and groceries. They've also got a really nice grocery store called "Publix" which I think you'd really like. Apparently, it's better than Trader Joe's. Another place we'll have to go. I'll check out the deli, which is suppose to be awesome. I'll also be setting up my room; pics to follow tomorrow. Other than that, I'll be doing homework, so we should be able to talk via vid-chat tomorrow. I'll even fire up my logitech.

Anywho, I'm gonna watch a little more Vowyager (Voyager) with Doggie and then we're off to sleep.

Loooooooove you diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis much Pups!

No comments:

Post a Comment